“Another Frugal Repast” by GNAY
This is my newest noncommercial piece and it begs the question why? (good question!) Sometimes paintings just happen. Here is what just means to me:
- My co-op gallery hosts a weekend foodbank donation drive
- I bring a print of Picasso’s, “A Frugal Repast”, for display purposes 1
- A kind person drops off a can of tuna. (GNAY hates tuna) 2
- I notice other (talented, but less famous) colleague has bandaged fingers (horrible art accident, no doubt) and a lightbulb goes off.
- Talented (but non-fame seeking) framer is recruited, along with a bottle of wine (where did I find that?) to set the scene.
- A two-snap photo session ensues (models crush it on the 2nd take!)
- GNAY goes back to his studio and produces this reflective figurative vignette, which probably won’t see the light of day.
Well, that’s the just of it. Maybe tomorrow, I will get to the why?
1 google it
2 the food, not the majestic fish